Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Observing Doctrine is Beautiful!

I watched a great lesson the other day. I do not even recall the fundamental being taught, but I remember the feeling. I remember thinking to myself, "This is a swing of the pendulum, and a great one at that. I have watched this teach progress so much in such a short amount of time. True doctrine is being understood. It's the only explanation." I just remember a huge swing from application to doctrine and principles, or getting at the truth behind the fundamental. I feel that every application we perform is an application of truth (doctrine). So of course we should not neglect the applications because they give us access to the unalterable and timeless truths of the gospel! We just need to recognize that applications are a means to an end, and teach with the end in mind and heart. I feel that the end is an understanding of doctrine-of truth. To understand doctrine is to understand who we are and that our potential is established, concrete, and unshakable. We just have to live up to that already existent truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment